I’d gotten this foundation for myself as a Christmas present last year as my Shu Uemura compact foundation was diminishing. I have been using this foundation since then and it’s time to do a review on it!
Dior’s Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup Liquid Foundation in shade 020
More about the product: The foundation contains SPF 10 and its active ingredient is Dior’s mineralised water.
What I like about the product:
1) It has never broken me out nor given me any allergic reactions.
2) It’s got very buildable coverage.
3) It seems to improve the condition of my skin the more I use it. It’s not supposed to be a skin care product but somehow I find that it dries up my pimples while doing a pretty good job at concealing them. It’s also made my skin look brighter and better naturally.
4) It gives an even finish (I usually wear it with loose powder over) and I’ve even gotten compliments on my complexion when I have it on.
5) It comes in a pump bottle so it’s more convenient for me to get the product out as compared to if it were in a squeeze tube. Also, this means less contact with the contents inside the bottle and less contamination.
6) SPF. What more can I say?
7) It doesn’t dry up too fast so I can blend the product at my own comfortable pace. Once dried, the foundation stays put and does not smudge off. The staying power is great.
Neutral feelings about this product’s:
1) Metallic parts in the packaging. I leave print marks behind when I touch those areas but it’s not an issue. Just makes the bottle look less appealing when that happens.
What I dislike about the product:
1) The packaging is made from glass so I’m really scared I will drop it! Also not to mention, glass is heavy, inconvenient and cumbersome for travellers.
2) It doesn’t help my skin stay matte throughout the day but I must admit that this foundation is not meant for mattifying.
3) The price. It’s sky-high!
I really like this foundation and to be honest, I don’t really find any major fault with it. I had decided to give this a try mainly because of all the good reviews there are about it. It’s a great product for cold, dry, wintry months. I just wish Dior could up the SPF a little. I apply this foundation with my fingers and top it off with the loose powder from the same range. One pump is a little more than enough for my entire face. I’ll most likely do a review on the loose powder sometime soon.