2011 has been sort of a crazy year for me. Actually, it started in the middle of 2010 and continued all the way till the end of this year. It felt like I was being stuck in a tornado, not knowing what was really going on and at the same time not being able to see where I was. I tried to steer myself with whatever control I could grapple while life took hold of the reins more often than not. I did many things that I never thought I’d do and here’s what happened while the months passed us by:
1) I’d just quit my job and started to really find out what I’d wanted to do for the rest of my life.
2) I went through a gruelling 1 year at a French university in Grenoble (the capital of the French Alps, no less!) undertaking my Masters in Nanochemistry. I made many friends here and got all the alone time I needed to sort my life out. I also got to spend this time with the boyfriend, even though he was living in another nearby city. It was the first time we spent my birthday together after 4 long years! I learnt French and made new friends (I’ll never forget you guys) from all over the world, including Romania, France, Algeria, Bangladesh and India. I got to learn so much more than what the class room taught me but even more than that, I learnt that life is always what we make it out to be.
3) I got to visit Bohemia (Prague and Kutna Hora), as well as the very lovely cities of Brussels and Brugges in Belgium. Europe, I am in love with you and I will always be.
4) With regards to the blog, I turned self-hosted (hurrah!) and this is probably the best thing I’ve ever done for the website. I also joined Fever Avenue as their one and only beauty editor, a move that I believe has opened my eyes to so many things in this industry that I would otherwise not have experienced.
5) Finally, I just got employed for a job that I will most probably love doing many years down the road. This hasn’t got anything to do with writing about beauty – I’ve already got that on my plate and I want something more out of life. You know me, I can’t ever be satisfied with just one thing, no matter how good I’ve got that going. I won’t start till a few months later (and even now I’ve got my fingers crossed) but this was and still is definitely a perk to my seemingly down-spiralling life.
That said, I’d like to hold a giveaway on Laced Ivory Beauty Blog for my dear readers who have been supporting me all this time. The giveaway is only open to residents in Singapore due to the nature of the products (yes, there’s more than one). All you have to do is complete the tasks in the widget below. The more you accomplish, the more kiss points you have and therefore the higher your chances of winning. Each person can only enter once and the deadline is 8th January 2012. In the case that the winner does not respond to my emails and contact efforts after 1 week, another winner will be chosen at random. I will do a meetup with the winner to pass him/her the gifts (they are quite heavy for postage). Good luck and happy new year, y’all!
a Rafflecopter giveaway