I did my second-ever video, this time on a dramatic cat eye look for Asians. The front part of the video where I applied foundation and drew in the lines for the liner aren’t included, as they weren’t filmed. My SD card had filled up pretty quickly with photos and pictures from my recent trip to Malaysia!
A little bit about creating this look:
Start with the end in mind. As an Asian, I have the typical hooded lids many Asians have. So, I begin by drawing the outline of the cat eye first and then filling it up with black – lots of it! The black colour should be visible when the eyes are fully opened, and give that extra pop of feline seduction when eyes are closed. Liquid liner on top of the gel liner helps to add an extra depth to the black shade, while eyeshadow on top of this helps to seal everything in and prevent creasing or smudging.
The rest of the face should be clean and minimalistic, making use of contouring and highlighting to bring out the different dimensions. Lip gloss is also good enough, as long as it’s light coloured, so that it does not take attention away from the eyes.
– Dior‘s Diorskin Forever Compact SPF 25 PA++
– elf’s Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder
– Laneige’s Love in Bloom Sculpting Blusher
– Bobbi Brown‘s Eyeshadow in Shade 61 Saddle (for brows and contouring of the nose)
– Bobbi Brown’s Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
– Maybelline’s Superliner
– Shu Uemura’s Pressed Powder Eyeshadow in M Black 990
– Starlash‘s falsies
– Bobbi Brown‘s Lip Gloss in 15 Spun Gold
Do you have any requests? Leave me a comment on what you’ll like to see in my next video!
FRESH FROM THE STYLE STORE