Kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness. Oh, my God, I feel it in the air. Telephone wires above all sizzlin’ like your stare. Honey I’m on fire I feel it everywhere. Nothing scares me anymore.
Today’s Link Love post is inspired by my own thoughts lately about life in general. Right now, I’m in a spot or phase where I’m feeling all sorts of jaded by everything that’s going on around me. I suppose we all do get into a pit like this sometime in life, once or twice, and for some others, maybe more often. It’s not a nice place to be, not seeing or finding meaning in whatever it is that you do. So you need to just take a deep breath and do what it takes to get you to a better place.
- The peeps at Senatus share Jimmy Choo’s 2016 new bridal shoes collection.
- Nikaela writes at Kinfolk‘s 9th issue about the art of being idle.
- Cassandra at Goodyfeed lets us in on the 10 restaurants in Singapore with the best views.
- Check out the second volume of free online magazine SOFFA.
- Mr. Smit (I named him) at Smitten Kitchen shares his recipe for making broccoli melts.
- Caroline asks on NY Times why we teach girls to be scared.
- The peeps at Pantone reveal the official FW 2016 Pantone colours.
- Kashmira talks about the 12 worst Tinder horror stories on The Independent.
- Elizabeth at Style Me Pretty shares her picks of flat wedding shoes for the girl who values comfort and style.
I wish I could have some days where I just sit by some quiet poolside, sip on some virgin mojitos and read till the sun goes down. Here’s an interview with Carl Honoré on the hurriedness of life as we know it (courtesy of Kinfolk, my favourite pastime read). Before I leave you for a night of sleepless slumber and crawl off into the abyss of black beauty, I’d like it if you could ask yourself if you were happy with the way your life is right now, and if not, what you would change about it.