Maybe you’ve been to Paris, and maybe even more than once. But the beauty of Paris is that there are always things to discover, no matter how unfriendly its people may come across as. There will always be new photo opportunities and new designer stores to visit (this includes gourmand cafes and indie bookstores).
I’ve been there so many times, although not enough to call myself a Parisian (people who live there long enough earn this title even if they’re neither French nor born in Paris), and not seldom enough to be merely a tourist. I guess I’m just the in-between.
When it comes to getting ready, I hate being rushed. For anything, actually. It could be going out for dinner with friends on any normal weekday, a pool party at someone’s house or a 1-year move to another country. If you’re giving me just 15 minutes to prep myself – from the time you tell me we’re going to an event till the time we actually leave – I’m sorry. It’s not happening.
My mind goes blank and I get stressed because I won’t look the way I want to. It’s worse when I’ll be meeting people I don’t know and first impressions are very important to me. I’ll forget to pack something, like how I forgot to bring money out with me once. Thank God for true friends (of course I repaid them after).
That’s why I’m making a list of things I’ll need to bring to Paris and Royan this summer. I’m planning to film a little video for Trouvée.Co and a vlog for this blog, so I think the perfectionist in me is going to go crazy. I’ve planned our tentative itinerary, filled with different options that we could explore.
Anyhow, here’s my short list!
All jewellery from TROUVÉE.CO.
- hair curler, brush/comb
- all other normal toiletries, including skincare and makeup removers
- cotton buds
- foundation (both the CLINIQUE SUPERBALANCED MAKEUP and compact)
- L’Oreal Lucent Magique Blush (Sunset Glow)
- lash curler, mascara, Ardell Demi Wispies, lash glue, tweezers
- BOURJOIS NUDE SMOKY TRIO EYESHADOW (Sable Show)
- MARC JACOBS HIGHLINER MATT GEL EYE CRAYON
- coloured contact lenses
- JOUER COEMSTICS LONG-WEAR LIP CREME LIQUID LIPSTICK
- TOM FORD LIP COLOUR MATTE
- MARC JACOBS LE MARC LIP CREME (Slow Burn)
- Julie Hewett Femme Noir Lipstick
- Macbook Air 11″
- Macbook charger
- both Nikons
- iPhone charger (and phone, of course)
- iPhone microphone
- tripods for the DSLRs and iPhone
- battery chargers for the cameras
- SD card reader
- international adapters
As you can probably, tell, I’ve turned into quite the lipstick person. And I’m so in love with this blush from L’Oreal that I wear it all the time now too.
I’ll be sure to add more things to this list but for now, it’ll do.
Jumping in my seat,