This was one of the items that I had initially received for the Cleo’s Beauty Blogger Contest (which I am no longer in). I was really excited to try it out and at first I really liked it but then some problems surfaced. Let’s take a look!
How the brush is supposed to look like
The actual brush
More about the product:
This mascara is said to be specially suited for Asian lashes.
What I like about the product:
1) The price. It’s one of those drugstore brands of mascara that you can afford and find anywhere.
2) The packaging. I like the overall feel of the wand (not too small, not too big) as well as the gold-on-black words. There is also a picture of how the brush looks like inside the wand and I think it’s pretty cool.
3) It doesn’t flake off during the day or night.
4) It gives a whole lot of volume to my lashes.
5) It washes off easily with warm water.
Neutral feelings about this product’s:
1) Inability to really curl my lashes.
What I dislike about the product:
1) It clumps my lashes up! =( Everything about this mascara is good except for the fact that it is clumpy. So I have to be very careful when using this.
Overall, this is a great product. Honestly though, if I wasn’t given this for free, I would probably have never tried it. Yes I can be quite skeptical about drugstore brands due to past unfortunate incidences. If you’re starting out on mascaras I really recommend this one. It’s cheaper than Lancome’s Hypnose Mascara and it works better too. I will definitely buy this one again when I am cash-strapped in future (sometimes I just like to splurge a little to make myself happy). Thanks L’oreal!