I’ve tried my hands on a few makeup removers before but this has got to be the best by far. Shu Uemura makes good cleansers and they do live up to expectations.
More about the product:
The cleanser contains cherry extracts, fresh aroma and deep sea water and is packaged as a colourless liquid. When mixed with water, the oil turns milky white, as it is supposed to.
What I like about the product:
1) It’s really effective even with eye makeup when I have my eyeshadow primer on.
2) I haven’t gotten any breakouts or allergic reactions to this product, unlike some others I have tried.
3) It doesn’t dry my skin out.
4) It comes as a pump bottle, which is great because I prefer pumps to bottles where you have to squeeze to get the product out. It’s also thus more convenient to use.
Neutral feelings about this product’s:
1) The pump can be “opened” or “closed” by turning it in the direction specified at the top. I don’t know how this works for others but for me, especially when I’m travelling and I have to put this in my checked-in baggage, it’s pretty pointless. I always need scotch tape to ensure that the pump is in the “closed” position, otherwise other items in my luggage will somehow result in the product spilled everywhere.
What I dislike about the product:
1) I have to wash this off really thoroughly because when it gets into my eyes, I get blurred vision (which is normal when things get into your eyes). Sometimes, I think I’ve got everything off but then I’d wake up in the middle of the night tearing desperately due to dry eyes caused by some leftover product. Not nice at all.
Overall, it’s a good all-in-one makeup remover. I wash my face with a facial foam every time after using this. I don’t know if I will continue with it in the long run as I might like to try something else in the future.