I’d only recently discovered this method of doing a face scrub and I’ve found it to be pretty efficient in removing dirt on my skin. Here’s an instruction list of the steps I take while doing my scrubbing!
1) I do a face scrub once every two days. I recommend doing this especially if you have oily skin. It’s more convenient if you do it during shower time.
2) First, you have to cleanse your face with your normal facial cleanser. You’d want to do a scrub on a cleansed face so that you’re able to remove what the cleanser isn’t able to. Use warm water for this step because it helps to open the pores.
3) Second, after cleansing, use a scrub. Depending on the scrub that you use, you have to keep your face wet, damp or dry. It’s always best to do what is recommended of your scrub because then it can work most efficiently. I’m currently using Skin79’s Sweet Honey Sugar Scrub and for this, I need a wet face (which explains why I do this during showers).
4) Once you have the scrub on your face, massage gently in circular motions for about 1-2 minutes so that nothing (i.e. pores) is left untouched. Do not rub too hard or it will end up being abrasive to your skin.
5) Next, wash the scrub off with warm water, followed by lukewarm and then finally cold water. It’s best if you end with ice cold water because it really helps to close the pores and tighten your skin.
6) Pat your face dry with a towel after washing the scrub off.
7) Finally, follow up with your moisturiser and daily (or nightly) skin care routine.
That’s it! I usually do a face scrub at night when I shower before bed because my skin is able to absorb the moisturiser and all the benefits of my night creams better while I sleep. I hope you find this helpful and if you do try this out, let me know if it works for you too!
P.S. Have you taken part in my giveaway yet?