The theme for the November 2012 Vanity Trove is “Dream Girl,” where the products featured are part of a dream girl’s skincare tips and makeup inspiration to make us feel beautiful from the inside. There aren’t any makeup items apart from BB creams, but there are a couple of items that I’m pretty excited to try out. Here’s a look at the products I got this month!
The list of items:
1) A sample of Za‘s Total Hydration Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel
2) Mekhala‘s Soothing Tamarind Facial Cleanser (15ml)
3) Uriage‘s AquaPRECIS Moisturizing Refreshing Cream Gel (5ml)
4) Ichikami‘s Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Treatment samples
5) A pair of Adore‘s sanitary napkins for night and day
6) Skin Inc‘s Pure Happy Hand Dew (50ml, full-sized)
7) Several samples of BRTC‘s BB Creams and gel
8) A couple of discount vouchers for Mekhala and BRTC
First up, I really like the packaging this month because of the purple and shiny strips of paper! It feels so My Little Pony. Although I won’t try out the BB creams (my skin is too sensitive for them), I’m pretty excited about the Pure Happy Hand Dew from Skin Inc, the hair products from Ichikami and the Mekhala Soothing Tamarind Facial Cleanser. The packaging of that cleanser is so luxe for a sample tube (that gold cap got me)! I’m also glad to have gotten the sanitary napkins because, hey, all girls need them and these ones from Adore look really comfy! Besides, they’d be easy to carry around, since they’re so light and thin.
Overall, I’d say this was a good trove but I’d still like to see a variety of makeup items apart from BB creams! If you’ll like to find out more about Vanity Trove and learn how you can get your monthly troves, head on over to Vanity Trove’s website. I’m now really anticipating the December trove!
Can I just say that I really really really like this trailer makeover? I know it’s getting snowy and all but I’ve always wanted to go on a camping trip in an RV trailer! I think everyone should have an RV trailer instead of a tent pitched up from the ground, and sleep in proper beds/mattresses instead of sleeping bags on the hard, uneven ground, without much insulation against the cold night wind. Maybe it’s just me but RV trailers really are a girl’s best camping friend! You can put whatever you want in it – makeup, clothes, sunscreen, cushions, pillows, cutlery, utensils, camera, laptop, BLANKETS. You can barbecue outdoors when the sun’s out and you can have tea indoors when it’s raining! Plus the windows make for a bright and sunny atmosphere inside during the day and I can do FOTD tutorials in it while the others go hiking!
* This product has been sent to me for my review. Like all my other reviews, everything stated here is objective and honest.