Do you have skin problems? Do you wish your skin was as flawless as anyone’s on the cover of Vogue? Or is your skin perfect (like some people I know)?
I never had good skin until a few years ago. When I was growing up, in my teen years, I was plagued with horrible acne – some cystic, even – that wouldn’t stop breaking out every single week. It didn’t even take the current breakout to start healing, before the second one would occur. My face was a constant mess and it affected my self esteem greatly.
I visited doctors and my parents spent a fortune on my face. The condition of my skin improved, but it never did completely recover. I won’t go into details on how I transitioned into my current skin, which has never been better, but I can say that my never-ending quest for good skin – which ultimately led to the start of Laced Ivory – did help a lot.
I was contacted by Jackie from Home Shopping Network to blog about my skinspiration – someone who has inspired me to achieve good skin. There were definitely people I met along the way who have inspired me to strive for excellent skin. It’s really not just one person, but many people who may or may not know that they’ve inspired me in one way or another. To these people, thank you! You could be:
- a beauty blogger who spends countless hours blogging about skincare routines and products that have and have not worked for you
- a friend who has recommended me dermatologists or beauty products because you heard they were good or have tried them yourself
- a dermatologist I’ve consulted, who has got great skin yourself
- someone who also suffers from acne but does not let it get in your way
- anyone else who’s trying to help others achieve good skin by giving tips and not judging
It’s not easy living with acne. Compared to this, “problems” like skin discolouration and freckles are really nothing. There are times when you find it so hard to get out of bed, or even wish mirrors didn’t exist so you didn’t have to see your own reflection. If you are out there fighting acne (and sensitivity), here are some products that I use on my own skin. They work well for me, so much that I’ve not changed them in years.
- basic facial cleanser – Avène‘s Extremely Gentle Gel Cleanser
- makeup remover – Shu Uemura‘s Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil
- skincare tool – Clarisonic Mia (There’s really no need for all the other fancy add-ons like different vibration speeds.)
- face scrub – Skinfood‘s Rice Mask Wash Off
- foundation – Dior‘s Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF25
I hope that you might try these out find that they work for you. If not, I wish you all the best in your search for the power combination of skincare and beauty products and routines, and that it won’t take you long now.
If you have struggled with acne, or are still fighting it, do leave a comment or message and it might help encourage others!