It’s not easy to come up with new designs when thinking up something for your nails. There are just so many brands, colours and finishes out there that stopping by Sephora can be quite a task. If you’re looking for something fresh, fun and that you’ve never thought of before, you might like to take an inspiration or two from these nine blogs, which I think are the best nail blogs out there right now.
1. A.J. from Nail Lacquer UK teaches us how to get Louboutin-esque nails. If you sharpen the tips more than what she does, I think you’ll make some pretty fine talons.
2. Michelle at All Lacquered Up swatches us some of Deborah Lippmann’s Fall 2015 colours.
3. Jen at Polish & Pearls shows us how red nails match black quilt oh-so-well.
4. Sammy at The Nailasaurus teaches us how to make swishes with any colour we like.
5. The peeps behind The Illustrated Nail gives us a look at how we can create bright designs using some OPI lacquers.
6. Sarah at Chalkboard Nails shows us what we’ll get when we mix some basic neutrals with a splatter of glitter.
7. Sam at Fashion Polish shares with us what polishes she used for this gorgeous gradient nail art.
8. Katy at Nailed It shows us how light shades can look so classy with a few rhinestones. The future bride in me screams wedding inspo!
9. Kelly at Vampy Varnish swatches some beautiful shimmery shades.
Although the links above are to the various blog entries, do check out other entries in their blogs. All of them have really great close-up pictures with high resolution, so you get to see how the polishes look like in real life. These awesome bloggers also share the specific shades and brands of polishes they use to create certain looks, and some of them even tell you where you can get them from. I’ve seen new brands that I’ve never even heard of before, and I think that’s what makes things interesting!
Are there any other nail blogs out there that you think would make the cut? Share them in the comments section below!
Be brave and experiment,