Do you follow colour trends? I don’t but if it weren’t for fashion, I would never have discovered the gorgeous, glamourous sunset colour that is rose gold. My favourite colour used to be hot pink, but then it became pastel pink, and now that rose gold has joined the party, I guess I can safely say that I just like pink.
I discovered this beautiful rose gold nail polish, the BUTTER LONDON ROSIE LEE, while working on my holiday glitter nails last December, and only rediscovered it after having moved to my new apartment and settled in. This rose gold shade is so pretty, you can wear it in so many ways:
- on its own in one layer, showing off your bare nails below
- on its own in a few layers, creating an opaque glitter nail polish effect
- over your base nail colour in one thinly-spread layer
- over your base nail colour in several layers for a more dramatic effect
- along the tips of your nails for a glitter French nail manicure
- as one of the layers in creating your holiday glitter nails (in my blog entry as linked above)
I usually wear it over a base nail colour (NAILS INC WINDSOR MEWS), which gives my nails a more unique tone. Here’s how it can look when worn in three ways:
Looking at that last swatch makes it seem like I have rose gold diamonds on my nails. I simply can’t get enough of this shade because it cheers me up just looking at it, and it goes with every piece of clothing I own. I can wear it in the daytime for work, for brunch with the girls and even for a wedding dinner. You might feel it is a little too tween-y for a professional work meeting, but honestly, nothing can beat a good red lipstick for that.
Go on, try it! I think you’ll love this colour as much as I do.
Be a Glitter Girl,