I bought this cleanser because my Skinfood one ran out and I didn’t have any way to get a new bottle quickly. So I decided to try something new and this was what I ended up with from Sephora. Here is my review!
This foaming cleanser from Clarins is meant for normal or combination skin. It contains cottonseed to soften skin, while gypsophila gives the cleanser its lightweight feel and polymnia helps to maintain comfortable and balanced skin. It is also supposed to neutralise the drying effects of hard water.
– The product removes all traces of oil and makeup.
– Because the cleanser is pretty concentrated, you don’t need a lot of it each time.
– The packaging is neat, clean and professional-looking. It comes in a squeeze tube with a flip cap so there is no leakage whatsoever when placed in your travel luggage. Also, because the packaging is made of plastic, you don’t break it when you aren’t careful.
– The cleanser results in “squeaky clean” skin after usage. This doesn’t fit well with me because my hands cannot glide over my skin at all. There is too much friction from the absolute extraction of oils from my face.
– As a foaming cleanser, it has proven to be too drying for me. Initially it worked fine but after a week, I started breaking out and white heads started forming all over because my skin was too dry from cleansing.
Overall, I feel that this product could be good for skin that doesn’t tend to dry easily. I normally have oily skin but even this product (normal and combination skin) proved a little too strong for me. This was my first Clarins product and I’m not sure I will get another skin care product from the brand anytime soon.
Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Lauric Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Glyceryl Behenate, Glycol Distearate, Ozokerite, Fragrance/Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Maltodextrin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Extract, Gypsophila Paniculata Root Extract, Lactobacillus, Potassium Sorbate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool and CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Image credits: Nordstrom.com