Getting out of bed in the morning and then heading to work shouldn’t have to feel like a chore. In fact, if you’ve got things in order, heading to the office should be something to look forward to each day.
To make it easier, look around you as you settle into your work desk for the day. If there were things you could change – and most of the time, it’s definitely possible – what would you change? Perhaps some clutter needs to be cleared, old motivational posters need to be taken down, or you need some table plants (try terraniums). And if you’ve got a home office, lucky you, there’s more room for improvement!
If you’re looking to remodel things a little, how about something sleeker and more sophisticated? Here are some of my tips on how you can incorporate copper into your office.
1. Blanc Scent Diffuser by The White Company. This smells great of pure white geranium and bright juniper berry, keeping your work area fresh and pleasant.
2. Washington Copper Tray by Jacob Bromwell on Nordstrom. This may have been designed with the gents in mind but it works perfectly well as a stationery holder on your desk.
3. Grand Canyon Rug by Loloi on Nordstrom. This comes in 3 different sizes, and is made from faux fur. Something neutral like this will go with anything.
4. Copper Wire Baskets (Set of 3) by Crystal Art Gallery on Nordstrom. Use these in the corner of your office or desk to store magazines, papers and books. You can also turn them upside down and use them as stands for your plants. The possibilities are endless!
5. Safavieh Esther Arm Chair by Bed Bath & Beyond. You have clients or guests. You want to make them comfortable. This chair is so pretty. There, that’s all you need.
6. “Running Late” Giclée Print Framed Canvas Art by iCanvas on Nordstrom. I love simple, monochromatic prints because these liven up any empty wall spaces without drawing too much unwanted attention to them.
7. Luna Table Lamp by Renwil on Nordstrom. The heavy marble base adds a touch of glamour to the copper-and-white style.
8. Storage Nesting Boxes (Set of 3) by Kate Spade New York on Nordstrom. Keep unsightly clutter organised into these boxes – chargers, cables, any USB ports, even dated receipts.
9. Thank You Cards (Set of 10) by Kate Spade New York on Nordstrom. There’s nothing like a good connection made when you send a “Thank You” card after a meeting. Keep these near your desktop so they’re within reach and you won’t have an excuse not to write one.
I love the idea of copper in a work space. The key thing is that you need to be selective about which items should be copper. Think accents in stationery or decorative items. Have just a few main items that are copper, and keep everything else muted and neutral for balance. Your walls should be white or a dull grey, as that will give the copper an opportunity to shine.
Most importantly, enjoy the process of renovating your work space! If you don’t have fun while doing it, you won’t like the final outcome either. It will take some time to get to the final stage, but once that time comes, you will feel so, so satisfied.
Let’s shake things up,
Image credit: Bed Bath N’ Table