I wrote back in November last year, why I wanted to move to Bali. We’ve just been back from our trip there again for barely a day, and I’m still trying to get my act together. 🌸
Before you think we’re packing our bags for good, no, we’re not moving anywhere. But Bali is a place that we’ll definitely visit again and again, and again.
Each time I visit, I end up loving the place just a little more: the slow pace of life, the amazing cafes and Indonesian food (Warung Nia is a must-try), the cute shops and amazing villas…
This time, we were there for the Nusantara Cup, an Ultimate frisbee tournament that’s more about having fun with a bunch of cool people than competing to be the champion. It was also my first time in a long while going on a trip with several newfound friends. What made everything more awesome was the fact that everyone was just so chill about everything, and we even managed to pull off a surprise celebration for Xavier on his actual birthday.
Because life is full of firsts, this trip gave me my first:
- surprise overseas birthday celebration for someone else
- freshly hand-blended whole watermelon juice in a watermelon (complete with a paper straw)
- 2-hr random coffee chat with a friend I made on the same day
- entire villa stay with a bunch of friends
- overseas travel while being pregnant
- AMAZING smoothie bowl (seen above)
Some things I wanted to do but couldn’t/didn’t manage to:
- ride a motorbike
- eat that popular Tostada de Atun at Motel Mexicola
- visit Coffee Cartel, Kim Soo and Cafe Organic Petitenget
- party at La Favela
You know what they say. There’s always next time!
If you can’t tell already, this blog entry is my meek attempt at coping with Bali withdrawal. I miss the Bali life so much, and although I still feel that living in Singapore is better overall, Bali will always hold that special place in my heart because of all the great memories it has given me.
Now to really get back into the grind of real estate and pregnancy!